1906: Ernest Thompson Seton publishes the "Birch Bark Roll of the Woodcraft Indians" a collection of writings promoting outdoor skills and experiences for young people.
Feb. 8, 1910: The Boy Scouts of America founded. Ernest Thompson Seton is selected to serve as Chief Scout, James E. West becomes the Chief Scout Executive and President Theodore Roosevelt is named Chief Scout Citizen.
July 12, 1912: The Greenwich Council BSA is founded and granted its first charter from National BSA; Ernest Thompson Seton elected first Council President, and John Quinn hired as first Scout Executive.
1930: The Cub Scouts begin as a National BSA program for younger boys; Cub Scouts begins in Greenwich with the establishment of Pack No. 1 under the leadership of Guy Bolte.
Aug. 28, 1958: The Greenwich Council BSA purchases and signs deed to property on Riversville Road from the Greenwich Water Co.
Oct. 2, 1960: The 288-acre Riversville Road property is dedicated as the Ernest Thompson Seton Scout Reservation.
1985: The property at 63 Mason St. becomes the new office headquarters for the Greenwich Council. The property was purchased with money left to the Scouts by the estate of J. Porter Brinton.
May 13, 1989: The Malcolm S. Pray III Memorial Building is dedicated, allowing the Greenwich Council BSA to expand its summertime day camp from 30 boys to approximately 200 children. It is now the focus of Seton Scout Reservation activities.
Nov. 13, 2010: The Bob Neilsen Building was dedicated at the Ernest Thompson Scout Reservation as the reservation's headquarters, hosting the summer camp administration, health office, trading post, year-round camp office and Campmaster's quarters.
Source: Greenwich Boys Scouts of America